AJ4TW Live Logbook

Sunday, August 11, 2013

I've been having a little fun with recording QSO audio lately.  My brothers pointed me to soundcloud so I uploaded a few there today and added some soundcloud widgets to my blog.  I have to admit it's just a little creepy that my google log in get's me into all this stuff, does google own everything?

17m has been great lately, very open and lots of fun for such a narrow chunk of bandwidth.  I caught 9K2YM this evening on 17 just after he announced he was going QRT (ceasing transmission), I usually let them go, but I'd been calling and calling, so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it one more last shot.  And he came back to me, pretty cool.  He gave me a 5x9 IDK if that was a habbitual "five nine" or if it was a real report, I gave him a 5x7 because that's what he was, and then he really went off air.  

I love how each band we have has it's own unique personality, you get to know it, start learning it's little quirks, what it likes and doesn't like.   So much fun, I'd never really spent much time on 17 before, but I sure am liking it lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment