AJ4TW Live Logbook

Friday, August 16, 2013

Wasn't the DEXP

When I actually sat down in front of the F5K I could clearly see that it could not have been the DEXP that was clipping my audio, it was off.  Durp

So, I played a little more with the VOX, I turned the delay up from 250ms to 500ms, which I think is actually a little long, it should be maybe around 350, I'll try that, it's just hanging in there a bit too long, but doesn't cause any real problems.

I also lowered the VOX setting as well I had it about 140 and I've moved it down to about 100.  I want to be able to adjust the boom on my headset without having the noise of it key up the radio.

So, I think it's mostly fixed, just needs a little fine tuning.  I think my audio is a touch on the hot side right now, not terrible just a touch too hot.

Very good morning however, I came into work this AM and caught up with two Australian stations on the 20 meter band.  VK5CE/P and VK2GGC.  I recorded the QSO with VK2GGC Rick was the operator, nice little conversation.   I looked them up on QRZ afterward and I found that VK2GGC is the call sign of the Girl Guides Callemondah. They have a nice couple of YouTube videos up as well. I like this one a bunch:

Girl Guides Callemondah VK2GGC contest Video

No comments:

Post a Comment