AJ4TW Live Logbook

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Front End Overload.

I have found the source of my high noise floor.  There is a 50,000 watt am broadcast station only two and a half miles from me.  50KW!!  As you see below it is FULL scale into my Receiver, and I can see it on every band almost now, any time I am in AM mode for sure I can hear it.  This is a new occurrence because since my last post I put up a 43' vertical for HF.  My solution is going to be a broadcast Band filter, as suggested to me by some fellow hams, hopefully that will knock out all of this interference that I am seeing from WCRW.   Here you can see 1190 AM -1.7dBm into my front end. 



Here on 10m you can still see the interference from that station.
and 12
and 15
and 17

you can also see that I have a very high noise floor in all of these bands, I am hoping very much that this filter will knock all of that noise out and let me operate HF in the clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment