AJ4TW Live Logbook

Sunday, August 15, 2010



Well, we got the interface box made to run the GPS on the ID-880. Don WD4CWE made the connections and put it all together, I just showed up with the parts and the plan. It works! I had to send my 880 back because there was a problem with the UHF finals, so I won't have it back until next week. Thanks to the guys a Gigaparts for working with me on that one, I hope to get it back really quick!

Anyway, here are some pictures from building the interface box, what it does is insert the 5v power for the GPS and allow the GPS to talk to the Icom programming cable:






Here you can see all of the parts that I got together to get the thing made total cost of $8.50 or so at radio shack.


This is the 5v voltage regulator transistor.




Here are some final assembly internal photos.
















Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about Connecting your ID-880 to a GPS reciever, I'll be happy to try and help out if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment